Central University of Haryana
Central University of Haryana is one of the fifteen new Central Universities established by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (GoI) in XI Five Year Plan (2007-2012) under the Central University Act-2009 of the Parliament. The University has been accredited with ‘A’ Grade in the first cycle of NAAC assessment and accreditation conducted in March 2017. The University has been listed among the top 150-200 Universities in NIRF ranking. The University is fully funded by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Permanent Campus of the University is situated in 484 acres of land at Jant-Pali Villages, Mahendergarh district of Haryana from where CUH is running its academic operations. Presently the University offers 83 academic programmes (UG/PG/Research).
To develop enlightened citizenship of a knowledge society for peace and prosperity of individuals, nation and the world, through promotion of innovation, creative endeavours, and scholarly inquiry.
To serve as a beacon of change, through multi-disciplinary learning, for creation of knowledge community, by building a strong character and nurturing a value-based transparent work ethics, promoting creative and critical thinking for holistic development and self-sustenance for the people of India. The University seeks to achieve this objective by cultivating an environment of excellence in teaching, research and innovation in pure and applied areas of learning.
Alumni Association of Central University of Haryana
- Alumni Association of Central University of Haryana (AACUH) is a non-government, non-political, charitable and non-profit organization and works under Department of Alumni Affairs, Central University of Haryana.
- Among the various objectives of the Association enshrined in the written document, the major objective of the Association is to promote, encourage fraternity among alumni and to have better relationship with alumni, teachers and employees of the University.
- The Association intends to formulate vibrant and robust community that engages alumni purposefully and professionally for the academic and professional growth of the University.
- The office bearers of AACUH comprise of 11 members. The Vice Chancellor of the University shall be the Ex-Officio President and Dean, Department of Alumni Affairs shall be the Secretary of Alumni Association of Central University of Haryana (AACUH)
Aims and Objectives
- Alumni Association of Central University of Haryana (AACUH) is a non-government, non-political, charitable and non-profit organization devoted to achieve the following objectives to:
- Foster a sense of belongingness among the alumni of the University.
- Provide a forum for the alumni for exchange of ideas on academic, cultural and social issues.
- Arrange and collect funds to finance welfare and other schemes in the university, approved by the Association including development of infrastructural facilities.
- Disburse scholarships to the outstanding students of various disciplines of Central University of Haryana.
- Raise funds/ donations.
- Support financially poor and the needy students for their higher studies.
- Guide and assist the students for better placement in their respective fields.
- Look after the general interests of the alumni of the University.
- Publish literature, papers, journals, directory etc. for the fulfilment of the objectives of the Association.
- Periodically organise social and cultural programmes.
- Open branches/chapters of Association in various parts of the country and across the world, and
- Perform all other activities in furtherance of the objectives of the Association.